Terms of Service ("Terms")
If you use the GeoGuessr game and associated services, this means that you understand and accept everything on this webpage.
GeoGuessr is a geography game which takes you on a journey around the world and challenges your ability to recognize your surroundings. Your results will be shared with other GeoGuessr players. We offer a limited free version and a paid version called Geoguessr Pro. The maps and street views used in GeoGuessr are provided by Google, whereby Google Maps Terms of Service apply to your use of GeoGuessr.
In order to play GeoGuessr you need to create a user account. Your user account is personal and only you may access it.
If you choose to upload a profile picture, it has to be a picture that you own or otherwise have the legal right to use. If you upload any inappropriate or illegal pictures, we have the right to remove such pictures and to suspend you from playing the game.
- give access to your user account to anyone else;
- create Internet links to the Services or "split" or "mirror" an application, other service, wireless or internet-based device;
- copy or distribute the app in any way other than as required for playing GeoGuessr;
- use GeoGuessr with an incompatible or unauthorized device;
- reproduce or access the Services to design or create a competing product or service, a product that uses similar ideas, features, functions or graphics as the Services, or copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics from the Services;
- use automatic programs or scripts, including but not limited to web spiders, crawlers, robots, ants, indexers, bots, viruses or worms or other programs that may make multiple server requests per second, or that unnecessarily burden or hinder the operation and/or performance of the Services;
- disrupt or obstruct the Services’ capacity or performance or data contained in it or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or its related systems or networks;
- use your account or GeoGuessr for illegal purposes;
- attempt to do damage to us or the Services in any way.
You may only use our Services for the intended purposes. If you violate these Terms, we may suspend or terminate your account and reserve the right to take legal actions to protect us and our Services, if necessary.
GeoGuessr Pro is provided through a subscription model with recurring monthly or yearly subscription payments, depending on your subscription plan. Applicable prices, trial periods and features included in each subscription plan can be viewed at the subscription page.
- virtual currency, which means currency that you cannot physically touch such as virtual tokens, gems, coins, cash, points, bonuses or other form of virtual currencies that can be used within GeoGuessr to purchase virtual goods; and
- virtual goods, which means anything virtual which can be used by you within GeoGuessr to enhance your player experience.
- purchase virtual items within GeoGuessr for ´real´ money;
- earn virtual items as part of being a GeoGuessr Pro subscriber;
- earn virtual items as part of our or third parties’ promotional offers, competitions or actions; or
- earn virtual items through playing GeoGuessr.
- You do not own virtual items but instead you purchase a limited personal revocable license to use them. All rights, title and interest in and to all of the content, including virtual items, that appears in GeoGuessr are owned or licensed by us, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under applicable laws;
- Virtual items are not redeemable or refundable;
- Any virtual currency balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but measures the extent of your limited license to use virtual items within GeoGuessr;
- Virtual items are personal to you and non-transferable. This means that only you can use your virtual items and you cannot permit anyone else to use them whether via your account or otherwise. You cannot trade your virtual items in any way whether by selling them for real money to other players, exchanging them for other items or dealing or disposing of them in any other way (with the exception of any in-game virtual item auction function that we may offer);
- Your right to use virtual items ends as a result of us having to suspend or close your account pursuant to these Terms;
- We reserve the right to control, regulate, change or remove any virtual items without any liability to you at any time; and
- Your right to use virtual items expires 5 years after date of purchase unless we decide, in its sole discretion, to provide you with a refund or applicable law entitles you to a refund for any unused virtual currency.
You can earn or purchase virtual items in GeoGuessr, in the form of virtual currency or virtual goods, that give you access to various game features. Virtual items are not refundable, so once you have purchased virtual items you will not get the ‘real’ money you paid back.
We provide payment options in our check-out through Paddle, Apple and Google Play, depending on platform. Their terms of service apply for the payment. We will not have access to your payment card information. If you’re unable to pay, we may suspend your access to the game.
- GeoGuessr Pro subscriptions. If you sign up to a GeoGuessr Pro subscription, you have the right to withdraw from your subscription within fourteen (14) days from the date of purchase.
- Virtual items. You agree that all sales by us to you of virtual items are final and that you do not have the right to any refund once a transaction has been made. When purchasing virtual items, you agree to the immediate execution of the contract between you and us, whereby the virtual items will be available to you immediately, and that this will cause you to have no right to withdraw from your purchase once the download of any virtual items to your account is complete, due to the nature of these goods.
To GeoGuessr AB (Reg.no.556939-8349), with its registered address at Katarinavägen 17, 116 45 Stockholm, Sweden.
I hereby give notice that I withdraw from the contract regarding my GeoGuessr Pro subscription.
Ordered and received on: Fill in date of purchase
Name: Fill in your name
Address: Fill in your address
Place and date: Fill in your city and country of residence and the date of withdrawal
As a consumer, you have the right to withdraw your purchase of a GeoGuessr Pro subscription within 14 days from the date of purchase. When purchasing virtual items, you expressly consent to us making the items available to you immediately following your purchase and accept that you lose your right of withdrawal. You do not have any other right to refunds.
Your subscription starts on the date of purchase and ends when you terminate your subscription. You will be able to play the game until the last day of your subscription period.
Our website contains links to Third Party Services. Third Party Services are made and offered directly by the applicable third party. When you use or purchase any such product or service, you are contracting directly with such third party and not with us. This means that we are not liable for any wrongdoing on their part.
The Services and its contents are owned by us or our licensors and you get a license to use them. If you create maps and challenges when you play, you give us the right to use them.
- your Video is accessible to consumers free of charge,
- the GeoGuessr name and trademark occurs in a subsidiary name or title or is a subsidiary part of the name or title of the video,
- it is necessary to use our Assets for the purpose of the Video,
- you add your own unique content to the Videos, such as your voice and/or pictures,
- you don’t sell physical copies of such Videos, such as dvd discs or similar,
- you don’t distribute your Videos on television, and
- you don’t include illegal, violent, offensive, pornographic, or otherwise improper content in your Videos.
We appreciate our users and fans playing GeoGuessr and streaming Videos about GeoGuessr on other websites and services. This is allowed provided that you respect the conditions set out above.
- We reserve the right to void any such obvious error or mistake however it arises or results including, for example, errors or mistakes due to human error or technical fault resulting in, for example, a virtual currency being mispriced giving you an opportunity to profiteer from such a mispricing. You will forfeit any virtual items you obtain as a result of such an error or mistake; and
- If the price or specification published is materially incorrect when you place an order for those virtual items and you contact us to inform us of this incorrect information, we will: (i) provide you with the correct price or specification; and (ii) ask you to confirm whether you would like to purchase the applicable virtual items at the correct price or specification. If applicable, we will also state the period for which the offer or price remains valid. If you choose not to complete your purchase at the corrected price or product specification, we will provide you with a full refund for any amounts already paid by you.
If there’s any wrongdoing on our part, we will do our best to remedy the situation. However, we do not guarantee that GeoGuessr is always free from errors or operational. In case of an error in GeoGuessr you may at any time stop using GeoGuessr and unsubscribe from your account.
116 45 Stockholm, Sweden