We want GeoGuessr to be a safe, fair and fun place for you to play games or hang with your friends. To ensure that, we look at how people behave inside our games, and on forums and community sites that we host.
Our Community Rules apply to all users of GeoGuessr. These standards are a guide on how you should interact when inside the GeoGuessr world. We included some specific examples below, but just because something isn’t specifically called out below doesn’t mean it’s OK.
Following the rules is not super hard. We’ll take action on accounts when we see any content that’s inappropriate or when there’s evidence of cheating. We’ll also take action against any account that is impersonating someone else, sharing others personal information or posting vulgar, threatening, discriminating or harassing content.
We are all a part of this community, and it is up to us to keep it friendly, fun, and free of negativity. If you encounter a player not respecting the Community Rules, please report them through the report functionality which can be found on their profile page.
Leaderboards, trophies and competitive play should be reserved for players who play and act fair and don’t cheat nor behave inappropriately against others.
What we consider cheating includes but isn’t limited to:
- using third-party software or scripts in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
- using Google or other external sources of information as assistance during play.
- win-trading or otherwise manipulating in-game ranking systems with the collaboration of others.
- performing in-game exploits or abusing glitches or bugs.
- stat padding (abusing game features in an unintended manner to artificially stack on scores).
We will take any of the following actions if we have evidence of cheating:
- Leaderboard ban: Your account will be removed from official leaderboards on our single player games and you will be prevented from appearing on leaderboards in the future.
- Competitive suspension: Your account will be blocked from competitive play for 7 days and may be removed from official leaderboards in our competitive games and single player games. You can still play all our non-competitive game modes.
- Competitive ban: Your account will be permanently blocked from competitive play and will be removed from official leaderboards in our competitive games and single player games. You can still play all our non-competitive game modes.
In addition, you may lose all rights to virtual items that you may have earned or purchased. If you have multiple accounts, we may take action against all of your accounts.
If you have been suspended or banned:
You will see a message in your GeoGuessr account if you have received a competitive ban or suspension. If you wish to appeal our decision, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GeoGuessr Community Rules are not final and may change over time, so make sure you check back regularly to stay up to date. “But, I didn’t know…” is not a good excuse. We’re all here to have fun, create and enjoy great games!
Thank you for being a part of the GeoGuessr community!